One of our members (Jim Cagle) had a question about the TAC Missileers Oktoberfest on Oct. 14th and thought it might be helpful to share the answer with other TAC Missileers members.
From: James Cagle
Date: Tue, Sep 27, 2011
To: Russ Reston
Russ, one question that has been in my mind lately is the scope of the Octoberfest we are having. Are we just joining in with the normal operations of the German club and mixing with their patrons, or are we having this just for the missileers?
Maybe you could post a notice to clarify for everybody.
From: Russ Reston
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011
To: James Cagle
Subject: Re: Octoberfest
Jim, the Oktoberfest is just for the TAC Missileers…
FYI – The German Society of San Diego is also running separate Oktoberfests on the 2 weekends before our arrival (i.e., the first two weekends in October), that are open to the public.
Entertainment / food for the TAC Missileers Oktoberfest will not be exactly the same as the earlier Oktobefests. The TAC Missileers Oktoberfest will also be held indoors so that we do not need to be concerned about the weather / temp.
I’ll put something up on the website tomorrow to clarify for other attendees.
See you in San Diego…
TAC Missileers Oktoberfest (Oct. 14th, 2011)
Dress code is “comfortable.”
Come and enjoy authentic German food, entertainment and “Gemütlichkeit!”
- Inside celebration in a hofbräuhaus atmosphere
- Bavarian band and entertainment (Volk Dancers)
- Dancing & master of ceremonies
- Bauern Plate (“farmer’s plate”), (incl. bratwurst, veal loaf, sauerkraut, red cabbage, German potato salad & roll)
- Dessert (German pastry & coffee)
- Original Bavarian pretzel
- German draf Spaten and Warsteiner beer (light & dark, 16oz. only $4; same for wine)
- German souvenirs will be available for purchase (Oktoberfest T‐shirts & aprons, steins and beer glasses)